***

***

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fat (Day After) Tuesday


So it appears as though I might have missed Fat Tuesday yesterday.
But never fear! I can be fat any day of the week!
It's a special gift of mine.

And now, for an actual report:

Erin N. Schore of Maryland Michigan Texas Idaho North Carolina, has reached her goal weight.

Yippee skippy!
For the first time I have managed to drop some poundage without being hungry, and for that, I salute you ColorFUEL.

Recently I've been adapting the system a little more to "normal" life-- sometimes I don't make one of their meal recipes, but I keep in mind the main principles while I make a meal our whole family can enjoy.
Then other times, I'll make one of the recipes just for me and Josh, while I feed our children balled up pancake innards.
Flexibility is a beautiful thing.

I do love the ColorFUEL snack options, and I keep the ingredients on hand so I can always grab something quick when needed. Among my favorites are eating half of a cantaloupe filled with cottage cheese and topped with (roasted, unsalted) sunflower seeds.
It's mighty yummy.
Too yummy.
Alex keeps stealing bites.

Or my new nightly ritual of eating plain greek yogurt with granola mixed in and drizzled with agave nectar (or honey). It's quite satisfying, and if you catch me on a good day, I'll even tell you that it's almost as good as ice cream.

Of course, I'd be lying.
But I don't have the post-ice cream regrets that I used to have. Like the "oh crud, did I just eat a half gallon of ice cream in two days?" regret.

Not that that's ever happened to me.

Anyway, I'm at my goal weight, but now I want more.
My greediness extends past my ice cream servings.

I'm happy with the number on the scale, but maybe just 2 more pounds.
2 would be great.

And there you have the Fat (Day After) Tuesday update.

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Wow-congrats! Ice cream is not my weakness but it is my hubs downfall. Hmmm...wonder if I can pass of Greek yogurt as ice cream??

Corie said...

I hate you! I mean congrats.....

Taylor said...

Niiiiicccccceeeeee!

Holla!

One of Us said...

Hmmmm, so the ColorFUEL thing works. I want stats - how much in how many weeks? And, what's your next goal? Halloween, Thanksgiving & Christmas are coming up, yikes!

Sunk Costs said...

maybe they sell mickey yogurt cups!

I'm Erin. said...

Erin, I've lost around 8 lbs, and have been doing it for almost 8 weeks.
Nothing too flashy, numbers-wise. But I'm a believer-- I've finally gotten over that number that I thought was my "set point"

My next goal is to drop 2 more pounds, and then maintain it.

Of course, first I'll have to re-lose the Disney weight.