***

***

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Slow Recovery

We're getting back into the swing of things here...slowly.

The 6:45 wake-ups, gym time, grocery shopping, after school pick-ups, house-cleaning (ish), meal making (double-ish), Josh at work before the rest of us are awake and home after the kids are asleep.

I'm tired. Is it too soon for another vacation?


Question.

Does anybody else have this much cupboard space dedicated to plastic grocery bags?


I fear I am not normal.

Well, I know that I'm not normal, but I'm just wondering how far off course I am.


While we were gone, my DVR decided it would be important to record 6 hours of this:


Is it just me, or does "Congratulations!" seem to be a bit over the top in that scenario?

No, we do not own a flat-screen TV. We have that huge old dinosaur of a TV that all the movers complain about when they come to move it.
Our current residence is it's 5th home.
We keep hoping that it will get dropped or broken in a move so we feel justified to upgrade.
But it never happens.

I found two rotting potatoes on my pantry floor.
It was unpleasant.


My van still needs to be cleaned out post road trip. Yesterday I noticed a few stray hamburger buns had taken up residence on the floor.
Derek tends to just toss those aside in deference to his love for meat only burgers.
He's kind of a weird kid.
About 5 hours into our drive home from Disney he piped up from the backseat:
"Are we going somewhere?"

Generally speaking, that kid is just along for the ride.
If we show up at Disney World, great!
If we stop at The Walmarts, that's cool.
If we're going home, can he close the garage door? Awesome!

He's laid back like that.
Mama like.

Speaking of food. (weren't we?)
Here are a few pictures of the non-rotting foods of which we partook while vacationing.

Huge lollipops @ Downtown Disney.
I may or may not have eaten two just like those.
I have a sweet tooth, you know.

Lots and lots of cotton candy.

Mickey ice cream bar and a strawberry popsicle.


Frozen slushie, napkin shrouded ice cream, mango milkshake, and that would be my cappuccino milkshake sitting all by it's lonesome while I took the picture.
It was my favorite drink-treat of the trip.

We also drank plenty of lemon icees.

And here, in an embarrassment of riches, we have:
2 itsakadoosie popsicles
1 pineapple dole whip
1 dole whip root beer float
1 package of ice cream dibs


Not pictured: funnel cake, soft pretzels, caramel corn, cookies, muffins, iced coffees, brownies, creme brulee cheesecake, and more.

Our snacking was rather obscene.

But you see, we were on the dining plan. And we had snack credits. And we had to use them.
If we didn't...
Well...
Well...
They would go unused.

And that just didn't seem right.

6 comments:

Taylor said...

Is Josh leaving soon for his trip or whatever you call it? You know, when he is gone for a few months?
David leaves for his hunting trip in a couple weeks. But he is only gone for like 8 days.
Plastic bags are a problem.
You guys sure got lots of treats at Disney! :)

One of Us said...

I'm assuming that "2" is in relation to all that snacking you did? In which case I think only "2" is awesome! It must have been all that walking and pushing strollers :) And, so happy you didn't have to go to the ER. (You didn't right? There is no post about that coming up right?)

We save all of our plastic bags too. We use them as trash bags in the bathrooms since they fit the smaller containers perfectly. However, we don't have room for a whole cupboard devoted to trash bags. That's just weird ;)

Joyce said...

I was just thinking the same thing about my humongous basket of bags. Disney is all about the food. Well, the characters and rides and stuff too but mostly the food. It's a tough place to come down from.

Grandma said...

Derek knows how to close the garage door? Maybe he can show me how to do it. :-)

Kelli said...

My mouth is watering!
And HILARIOUS that you have a cupboard for plastic bags! Perhaps you should invest in some of those cloth bags to re-use, instead? HAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

Those look like commissary bags ;) They are rather generous with the baggies, aren't they? I gave up and got some of the cloth ones.

As for the TV - next time you PCS, watch carefully for when they pick it up. Then, accidentally drop a small toy car/marble/train in front of the movers. Ta-DA! New TV ;)